Hurricane Irene

Dear Friends,

Hurricane Irene has come and gone. She has left much devastation in her path. She has brought tears and loss, but she also brought something else.

For me she brought hope. I live in Amityville, Long Island. There were many trees brought down by her powerful winds and much flooding. The side walks here are lined with the contents of the people’s lives that live here.

For me Hurricane Irene brought hope for the future. That is what she left behind for me. She brought together both the neighbors and family.

She made the kindness of people shine through.

Hurricane Irene was a powerful storm, nevertheless, she left behind for me renewed strength, renewed family and a stronger spirit. It is like the lyrics in the song from the Sound of Music, “When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and don’t be afraid of the dark, at the end of the storm is a golden cloud and the sweet sliver song of a lark.”

With my love,

Catherine

xo