Homeowner Habits

The former owners of our house used pushpins and thumbtacks in place of proper hardware wherever they could. We uncovered them hanging pictures and curtains. In every room we painted, I always found random ones while prepping the walls. They were all over the tops of every window frames and the picture ledge in the basement too.


I found another interesting use of them today. In our very unfinished laundry room, the former owners hung a bit of wallpaper to pretty up the space. I finally began ripping the peeling sheets off today, and I discovered....


Yes, thumbtacks! (and let's just ignore the cobwebs, shall we?) Old faithful was holding the overhang of the wallpaper over the unfinished wall.

It made me laugh and wonder what things we do to the house that the future homewoners will find and scratch their heads over.